In February 2020, the Last Stand Board of Directors unanimously voted to retain attorney Van Fischer as legal representative on behalf of a group of Stock Island residents regarding the Laurel Avenue road abandonment land that the County wants to give to Wrecker’s Cay. The strip of land is on the water and gives access to the public for kayaks, dinghies, live-aboard persons, swimming, etc. If the County Commissioners give away this land, residents will lose this public waterfront property. The Wrecker’s Cay developers have already received many favors from the County in association with this large development.
Articles by Category
- Environmental Groups Concerned About Offshore Oil Drilling in Gulf November 7, 2022
- In Memory of Bill Hunter November 7, 2022
- Protecting the Keys Future November 7, 2022
- Last Stand Provides Written Comments on Restoration Blueprint October 26, 2022
- Last Stand Gives Public Comment on Restoration Blueprint for Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary September 27, 2022