In February 2020, the Last Stand Board of Directors unanimously voted to retain attorney Van Fischer as legal representative on behalf of a group of Stock Island residents regarding the Laurel Avenue road abandonment land that the County wants to give to Wrecker’s Cay. The strip of land is on the water and gives access to the public for kayaks, dinghies, live-aboard persons, swimming, etc. If the County Commissioners give away this land, residents will lose this public waterfront property. The Wrecker’s Cay developers have already received many favors from the County in association with this large development.
Articles by Category
- Letter To BOCC Regarding 300 Additional ROGOs July 9, 2020
- Opposition to Stock Island Road Abandonment July 9, 2020
- Florida Keys Area of Critical State Concern Work Plan for Monroe County July 7, 2020
- 1300 New ROGOs June 20, 2020
- Last Stand Comments on FKAA Challenge Resolution June 18, 2020