In February 2020, the Last Stand Board of Directors unanimously voted to retain attorney Van Fischer as legal representative on behalf of a group of Stock Island residents regarding the Laurel Avenue road abandonment land that the County wants to give to Wrecker’s Cay. The strip of land is on the water and gives access to the public for kayaks, dinghies, live-aboard persons, swimming, etc. If the County Commissioners give away this land, residents will lose this public waterfront property. The Wrecker’s Cay developers have already received many favors from the County in association with this large development.
Articles by Category
- Last Stand Endorses Approval of 99-Year Lease for Key West Botanical Garden June 16, 2022
- Thurmond Street Partners, LLC v. Monroe County, Florida June 1, 2022
- Despite What Your May Eyes Tell You, Keys Waters Aren’t Exactly Clean May 27, 2022
- Study by the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust February 22, 2022
- Amendment to Development Agreement regarding TREs February 14, 2022