In February 2020, the Last Stand Board of Directors unanimously voted to retain attorney Van Fischer as legal representative on behalf of a group of Stock Island residents regarding the Laurel Avenue road abandonment land that the County wants to give to Wrecker’s Cay. The strip of land is on the water and gives access to the public for kayaks, dinghies, live-aboard persons, swimming, etc. If the County Commissioners give away this land, residents will lose this public waterfront property. The Wrecker’s Cay developers have already received many favors from the County in association with this large development.
Articles by Category
- Support for City of Key West Composting Pilot Program July 19, 2021
- Key West Special Meeting July 4, 2021
- Poinciana Gardens June 15, 2021
- Florida Friendly Fertilizer Ordinance June 11, 2021
- Lobster Mini-Season May 18, 2021