In February 2020, the Last Stand Board of Directors unanimously voted to retain attorney Van Fischer as legal representative on behalf of a group of Stock Island residents regarding the Laurel Avenue road abandonment land that the County wants to give to Wrecker’s Cay. The strip of land is on the water and gives access to the public for kayaks, dinghies, live-aboard persons, swimming, etc. If the County Commissioners give away this land, residents will lose this public waterfront property. The Wrecker’s Cay developers have already received many favors from the County in association with this large development.
Articles by Category
- 1300 New ROGOs June 20, 2020
- Last Stand Comments on FKAA Challenge Resolution June 18, 2020
- Sent to Monroe County Planning Commission June 17, 2020
- 2020 Mini Lobster Season – Comments Sent to the Monroe County BOCC May 19, 2020
- Stock Island Road Abandonment / Public Waterfront Giveaway to Wrecker’s Cay May 8, 2020